About Me

My photo
I am a new traveling fool. I've been a corporate travel junkie for one too many sales quarters and am ready to spend my hard earned cash... I'm taking a "sabbatical" for a while and hitting the road to travel. The trip should take me to six out of the seven continents if I don't run out of cash early.

Friday, January 21, 2011

random thoughts about my pack

As it turns out I don't have as much time as I thought to piece my thoughts together than I thought I would. When you want to journal or blog its time to figure out where you're going next, how to get there, when to eat, how to save money on all of the above along with laundry and the god forsaken game of getting all of my crap back into my backpack!! I posted a picture on Facebook a week ago and my friend Mindy commented about how I'll lose half of what I'm carrying before I leave my first country. I think she might be right. I'm realizing now what is and isn't essential for this type of travel. I spent so much time online and in REI before I left trying to piece together the perfect mix of gadgets, travel clothes and necessary items…. after all of that hard work I had a moment of clarity last week while on my catamaran scuba trip. I had my camera, toiletries, board shorts & a towel. That amount of stuff was perfect for me. I didn't want anything else and more importantly I didn't require anything extra.


1 comment:

  1. Uncle Depude:

    I love you. How are things going? Tonight I went to margarita's and got a balloon.

    Love
    Emma

    ReplyDelete