About Me

My photo
I am a new traveling fool. I've been a corporate travel junkie for one too many sales quarters and am ready to spend my hard earned cash... I'm taking a "sabbatical" for a while and hitting the road to travel. The trip should take me to six out of the seven continents if I don't run out of cash early.

Friday, November 12, 2010

Draft Packing List

Been thinking about what to bring on the trip. I'm referring to my one of the most helpful people I know. Brook Silva-Braga is the producer and main star in his documentary "A Map For Saturday." His blog has been ridiculously helpful with prepping for this trip.

Here's what I've been thinking about:

Clothes:
* 1 pair of jeans
* 1 pair of shorts
* 1 pair of board shorts
* 4 t-shirts
* 1 sweater
* 1 polo
* 1 patagonia rain jacket
* 5 pairs of underwear (wow... lets hope this works)
* 3 pairs of socks
* 1 long sleeve sun shirt

* 1 silk sleeping bag liner
* 1 pillow case
* 1 backpacking pack (50L? - 70L?)
* 1 over the shoulder bag
* leatherman
* first aid kit
* tennis shoes
* sandals
* sunglasses
* headlamp
* UV filtered water bottle

* 11" MacBook Air
* iPod Touch
* Nikon D3100
* Int'l Converter Plug

Geeze... this stuff seems to be adding up. I guess I can add or prune as I see fit. I'd like to stick to the mantra that I can get whatever I need when I get there.

Off to drink!

1 comment: